Accounts Assistant Job at Akvo International - Car... (175 views)
3 District Activity Officers Job at Pathfinder Int... (159 views)
Job openings in Buikwe, Hoima, Rakai and Kiboga - ... (149 views)
Shop Supervisors Job at A reptable company - Caree... (123 views)
Risk and Compliance Officer Job at CARE Internatio... (117 views)
Plumber Job at Lira Regional Referral Hospital - C... (108 views)
Credit Officer Job at Agricultural Business Initia... (105 views)
Admin Officer Job at Save the Waters - Career Oppo... (101 views)
Administrator & Secretary (83 views)
Project Coordinator Job at Community Empowerment f... (77 views)
Posted date: 2020-Jun-30
HFFU is searching for an individual with a technical background in agricultural crop production & good business sense to join our team as farm manager
Hakim Family Farms Uganda (HFFU) is a joint initiative of individual private farm owners with a vision of establishing a small to medium sized agricultural crop production for local and international commercial purposes. Present farms location is in Bweyale, Masindi District, Uganda.
We are searching for an individual with a sound technical background in agricultural crop production and good business sense to join our team as the Agricultural Farm Manager to be based in Bweyale. The main role of the Manager will be to â€śDirect and Coordinate activities of workers engaged in agricultural crop production on behalf of individual farm ownersâ€ť. This will include, but not be limited to: recruiting, hiring and monitoring staff, including daily laborers, advising on and monitoring of crop production, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports, researching markets and ensuring maximum profits through appropriate sales locally or internationally. Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management. You should also be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science regionally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Enters contractual arrangement and agreement with farm owners/representatives for management of crop production.
2. Directs and coordinates worker activities such as planting, irrigation (including hand watering), chemical application, harvesting, grading, packaging, storage, payroll and record keeping.
3. Identifies and networks with purchasers and handles the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm.
4. Recommends and assists with proposals and negotiations with bank officials and/or donors to obtain loans and grants.
5. Perform other duties as may be identified and agreed upon.
Questions about this website? Contact Us: [email protected]